*I posted this image on Instagram and have already had several phone calls asking me how I do it. So here are the super-dee-duper easy instructions.
- Put hard butter into mixer.
- Beat for a few seconds. Stop.
- Blow hot air from hair dryer onto butter for 5-10 seconds. Make sure to move it around as you do it. you will see that the very thin top layer of the butter will start to melt.
- Beat again to check for consistency.
- Repeat steps carefully 1 or two more times.
- It doesn't take much so go easy.
And that is how you get soft butter on the fly. (Without melting the heck out of it in the Microwave!)