June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Well happy father's day to all you fathers out there. And especially to my father, my husband, and my father-in-law. I can't believe how blessed I am to have such great men in my life.

Scott, you are the most amazing husband ever, and every day I am more and more impressed with what a great father you are. I remember on our first date you told me that you planned to get married and start a family in the next year. Wow, was that a quick time-line. Little did I know at the time that I would be the one that you would take that journey with...


lucky me.

Here are a few things that I think make you a great Father.

1. You teach by example.
2. You love unconditionally.
3. You see the potential in others and expect them to live up to it.
4. You inspire others.
5. You teach all lessons by likening them to the scriptures and you can reference and recite the scriptures that you use.
6. You work hard everyday, and you are teaching our children to learn the value of work by working along side of them.
7. You don't put off 'til tomorrow what can be done today.
8. You have a respect for money and the value of a dollar and you not only live within your means, but you live without some of your wants.
9. You always put your family first.
10. You love the Lord and you live by his word.
11. You have kept the covenants you have made to me and to our Heavenly Father.
12. You teach the kids to respect me and to honor me as their mother.
13. You would be willing to work 10 jobs if you had to in order to keep me home with our children.
14. You always clean toilets, scrub floors, vacuum carpet, change diapers, wash cars,  mow lawn, do dishes, dress kids, wash clothes....all domestic responsibilities that should fall on my shoulders...you do so without being asked and you do them daily. This is one of the most precious gifts you give me and our children daily because you do whatever is needed, when it is needed, without being asked, because you love us...and care for our needs. True service.


Lessons that I've heard you teach our children.
(There are so many, I could go on and on. Here are a few.)


"Where do you put your money?  IN THE BANK!"

"You should never get something for nothing"

"By the sweat of thy brow"

"Ye are my friends if ye do what I say"

"These things are but a vapor"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing like a simple BBQ request for Father's Day. And you even did the BBQing.





Soy Boy
I know that I am his mom, but come on...is he the coolest baby ever, or what?



Kate Bug


Dyl Dog


Presents on the Porch


The $10.00 Musical Card that Dylan picked out was a huge success and ended up being worth every penny.



New jeans is always fun.


New Sweater


Crazy Kids


New Men's skin care line.


Husband and Wifee.


I snapped a shot of him trying on his new jeans...don't tell.



It's been a great Father's Day.


I'm ready for another Mother's Day now!



We sure love your Bunne'rs Scotty!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Dad and I just had such fun looking at the cute photos of Scott, Kiddos and YOU! Scott you are such a great father and we love you very much! Happy Father's Day!

Terry and Lancer xoxo

The Bowldens said...

you have such a gorgeous family erin!

coco said...

ditto on that last comment. and i have to say, scott's butt shot rivals bruce's cd cover. okay, if you don't know which one (which you totally should if you're cool like me), it's born in the u.s.a.

Harris Family said...

Arghhh mission reunion?! I didn't know they still had them-I'm out of the network! To bad I lived like 5 min away. Don't you love pres cannon.

You are a hot mama. Glad you are doing good. Maybe I'll see you in AZ sometime.