September 10, 2011

Erin's Weekend Salsa

One of my family's favorite things to do on the weekend is eat salsa. We love it.  It doesn't matter what season it is, Scott is always telling me to whip up a batch of salsa.

Let me tell you what is so great about this recipe...

  1. The only item that you can't pull out of your pantry or the fridge is the Yellow Onion. Every other item you can keep on hand, no problem.
  2. There is no chopping or prep work.
  3. For those of you that aren't "chunk" people, this salsa has a great texture and it isn't chunky. You will love it.
  4. The best part is that you just throw it into your food processor and Voila!!!



1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1/3 yellow onion
1-2 Tablespoons sugar
(my recipe card says 1/3 cup because my husband likes a drastic salty and sweet so beware)
1 spoonful jalapenos from a Jar (more for extra kick)
(store jalapenos in fridge after opening, lasts forever)
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp cumin

I put all the ingredients straight into my food processor and blend it right up.

That is it.


Chill and Serve!!!

Hope you love it!!!




No comments: