November 21, 2011

Week 8 Report and Weigh-in

(CoCo, don't give up on me, New York Post coming tomorrow! Gosh I love you!)

Remember the last time that I posted about cutting out the Halloween Candy?

Ya, well...I sort of never did.

DANG IT!!!

I'm pretty mad about it too. I've been having some serious mental battles {like not wanting to have surgery on December 14th, but needing to have surgery on December 14th} and somehow I turn to food to make me feel better...ya...I know, I sound like I should have been on Oprah.

On Friday I was working out with Lisa {my super awesome trainer} and I started crying. I didn't even feel emotional, but I started sobbing and letting out all sorts of emotional baggage. BELIEVE ME, those people on the Biggest Loser are not a bunch of sissy cry-babies. I learned that there is a serious connection between being completely physically spent, and having a trainer ask you about 'what is holding you back'.

Duh...I AM HOLDING ME BACK.

After I got it together and got really honest about what I had been eating, I felt much better.

Honesty really is the best policy people.

So here is my mini-recap of the past month.

Hop on scale...

"Oh good, that chocolate didn't show up yet..."
"Oh man, yep, there it is..."
"What? I didn't eat that much chocolate.
"Help, I'm out of control!"

I really have felt a little bit out of control with my eating the past month. I have however stuck to my workout plan and so I feel really good about that.

I am back on track now and hopefully will have better numbers next week. And you are all going to me amazed as I LOSE WEIGHT DURING THANKSGIVING WEEK!!!

I will. Just watch.

Here we go again.


Starting Weight: 168lbs
Last Month's Weight: 157.8 lbs
Current Weight: 159.5 lbs
This Week's Weight Gain: 1.7 lbs

Wow, it feels better having that out. 

How are you doing with treats during the holidays?
Have you been giving in like me?
Do you ever feel out of control?

6 comments:

Montserrat said...

I love reading these progress reports. Mostly because your weight is about the same as mine ---- only I have a feeling you are much taller than I am, so don't tell me how tall you really are and just let me keep thinking we are doing great losing weight together. :-)

Playoutsidegal said...

I am terrible with treats during the holidays - I have virtually no willpower. The only thing that helps is drinking a lot so I don't eat too much. LOL. That sounds SO bad but I actually rarely drink (maybe 6-10 drinks a month). I drink lots of herbal tea, decaf coffee and water. When I'm craving a treat, often a decadent tasting (but not heavy on calories) beverage hits the spot - caramel rooibos tea with milk, decaf latte with a shot of bailey's and sprinkle of cinnamon, even a hot chocolate with marshmallows is good for the chocolate craving so I don't eat three brownies. When things are good, it's easy to find an alternative; when stressed, I either don't eat or eat a lot of bad stuff. It's good you know what your triggers are and why you're stressed. Hopefully after the surgery, you will not have anything to worry about and can just enjoy Christmas and not worry too much about your weight either. I really admire you for keeping to your fitness goals!! I keep meaning to work out, but only exercise once a week. Take care!
Karen
www.nakedmommydiaries.com

Jenna Robert said...

I'm pretty sure I have gained the same amount last week, you aren't alone ;)

I'm excited to see you even though it will be during surgery week, let me know what days you need help with the kiddos, my schedule is slowing down a ton so I should be free some of the time.

Love you miss you you are amazing!

MJCastleton said...

I think you should set a more realistic goal for this month...like even maybe trying to stay the same weight. Helloooo, it is the holidays. The time of year we wait all year for. The fudge, eggnog, divinity, cookies...oh, shoot I am not helping. Just don't be too hard on yourself. That is what January is for...a GREAT start to the new year with goals you can stick with. Plus...with your upcoming surgery you may need rewarded daily JUST BECAUSE. ;-) I admire your perseverance! You are trying. You have one foot forward. You are committed. You are positive. That is more than a lot of people. Good Luck and Happy Holidays! (let me know if you need a good treat and I would be happy to bring you one. And we can do squats or a wall sit while we eat it!)

Shelly said...

Here's my report. According to the doc's office, I gained 6 pounds- in 4 weeks. BUT, I am 20 weeks pregnant and that is all I have gained the whole pregnancy. I can live with that. Hopefully I can avoid blowing up like a balloon the second half of the pregnancy.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I like that you're putting a human face on the frustration of the process. Too many people think they're alone in the struggle. I have a lot further to go than you do, but I'm working on it. Have you tried Myfitnesspal.com? It's awesome. I have it on my phone and on my pc. If I bite it, I write it.