October 11, 2013

30 Day New Testament Reading Schedule


I finished reading the New Testament. My goal was to finish it in 30 days and complete it right before General Conference started. I didn't reach my goal, but I did finish The New Testament completely, for the first time. It took me 36 days.

Even though I didn't reach my goal, I still finished. And I still gained all the benefits of immersing myself in the scriptures daily. I wonder if we sometimes worry so much about reaching our goal, that we fail to remember that something is better than nothing. Every day I read my scriptures and every day I received spiritual strength. So I encourage you as you use my bookmarks, to not worry so much about how fast you finish the book, or the structure of the way I've set up the reading assignments, and instead focus on reading  and studying everyday, as much as you can. Sometimes I found myself taking hours just to read one chapter. (Like Romans 8)




I kept track of my reading on the bookmark and I also used the back of the bookmark to take notes and write down the scriptures that stuck out to me. There is no rhyme or reason to the madness on the bookmark.  Just little packets of light that stuck out to me and filled me with the spirit.

Some of my favorite parts of my reading were:
  • Peter weeping bitterly after he denied the Savior. 
  • The Parable of the Sower - this hit me really strongly. (Luke 8)
  • Paul recounting the History of his life and his witness to King Agrippa. (The Acts 26)
  • Becoming joint-heirs with Christ. (Romans 8)
There were so many small revelations that came to me as I read and really studied this past month. I could go on and on. I'm so grateful for the scriptures and can't wait to read The New Testament again and again.

But now I am off to Read The Doctrine & Covenants in 44 days;) It might take me longer but who cares. Setting a goal helps me actually get in the habit of reading everyday and devouring the Word Of God.



1 comment:

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

YES!! I was looking for one! Thank you!