September 10, 2014

How Do I Know If I Know? By John Bytheway



 
It's that question we all ask ourselves at some point on our spiritual journey; How do I know if I know?
 
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin taught:
A testimony of the truth of the gospel does not come the same way to all people. Some receive it in a unique, life-changing experience. Others gain a testimony slowly, almost imperceptibly until, one day, they simply know.

In John Bytheway's new book he states, "we need to know, and we need to know that we know."
 
The truth is that gaining a testimony takes effort, but many of us already know important truths, however we sometimes have a hard time recognizing that we do. 
This book was excellent. I couldn't believe how many new ideas it presented to me. I feel like I am able to more fully understand how the spirit works and the true depth of my own testimony. I strongly recommend it to any person asking these types of very important questions. 
 
- How do I know if I really have a testimony? 
- Am I ready to serve a mission? 
- What does the spirit feel like?

Please if you know someone who is struggling with discovering their testimony, or if you would like to discover ways to get your own questions answered, purchase this book. 
 
It is available at Deseret Book




No comments: