Visit the Always site and you will find these suggestions for treating yourself to a Happy Period...
This is the time of the month that's all about you. So be your own best friend. Make it your mantra to indulge yourself and celebrate beinggirl:
- Make a hot cup of herbal tea.
- Melt away stress by taking a warm bath or shower in candlelight and bath oil.
- Take a walk or a yoga class.
- Watch TV with a heating pad on your stomach.
- Try "dry" heating pads — warm wraps that will let you leave the house and participate fully in your life. (See www.thermacare.com.)
- Sleep in late on the weekends and serve yourself breakfast in bed.
- Satisfy your cravings for a particular food. Carbohydrates increase serotonin levels in the brain, which are responsible for boosting mood.¹
I think that these are all LAME! Who wants to make themselves breakfast in bed?
So from me, have a CRAPPY period, let yourself wallow in self pity, lay around and moan all day, eat a bag of M&M's & swallow a bottle of Ibuprofen.
Here is something that might make you feel a little better...I hear you can get this mirror for a steal at Lowe's.