January 27, 2010

Sawyer Turns 1!

I want my year back. If I could go back in time one year, there would be a nurse placing Sawyer in my arms for the first time. I would be looking in his sweet face and knowing that I get to relive the best year of my entire life. It was the greatest year ever. It was filled with more laughing, more joy, more fun, more love, more faith, more blessings, more of everything.

I want 2009 back.

Sawyer turns 1 today.


Brace yourself because this post is going to be filled with all things Sawyer.
Sawyer was born weighing 7 lbs 11 oz. He was 20 inches long.
Today at his one year appointment he weighed in at 28 lbs 8 oz. and was 30 inches long. He has weighed the same amount since his 8 month appointment. He is HUGE. He is my little bowling ball.

Nicknames: Soy Boy, Fat Man, Soy Bizzle, Soy Zizzle, Soy Biz, Soy, Baby, Biz
Progress at this point: Crawling, standing, walking around furniture, kneeling, clapping, kissing, hugging.

Words: Dad, Dada, Mom, mama, baba, p sound, s sound, n sound


Favorite Foods: Rice cereal, saltines, ice cream, peanut butter sandwiches, applesauce, corn, chicken casserole, taco bell, cheeseburgers from McDonald's, cake.


Loves to: Read books, play with toys, follow Dylan and Kate around, kiss, hug, head butt, pat-a-cake, peek-a-boo, dance, watch baby Einstein, listen to music, eat, drop things, through things, laugh, take baths, splash in the sink, ride in the car, pretend he is big.

He doesn’t like: Being hand fed, prefers a fork. Dirty diapers, getting dressed, being alone, eating baby food.

Year in Review

January


February

March



April




May



June



July



August




Sepember




October



November



December




1 Year Old

These pictures were taken today at his Dr.'s Appointment
Sawyer, I could not love you more. The privilege of being your mother is a blessing I am just not worthy of. But oh, am I so grateful for it. You are such a delight. You are kind, loving, sweet, quiet, gentle and all things good.
I love you.
Happy Birthday.

The following video was taken Sunday night during our Testimony meeting and Peterson Dance off. This is a weekly tradition at our house, but it was the first time Sawyer has joined us in dancing. Enjoy. (also, turn down your volume because my voice is so annoying!)

6 comments:

JP said...

I kinda can't believe he's already a year old. WOW!!

What an adorable and wonderful year it has been for you and that cutie pie.

Smooches!

T-Lo said...

Love it! Can't wait until Alyssa dances.

Traci said...

cute post! he has sooo much to love!!
happy 1st sawyer!! love his name too!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

wow! That video was awesome! Go Sawyer Go! He has some Major moves! I love his rolls! I want to eat him up!

Misti said...

One year??? WOW!!! Your family is adorable!

Julia said...

I want to know more about your weekly tradition. Sounds like I need to do it too.