Scott, you are the most amazing husband ever, and every day I am more and more impressed with what a great father you are. I remember on our first date you told me that you planned to get married and start a family in the next year. Wow, was that a quick time-line. Little did I know at the time that I would be the one that you would take that journey with...
1. You teach by example.
4. You inspire others.
5. You teach all lessons by likening them to the scriptures and you can reference and recite the scriptures that you use.
7. You don't put off 'til tomorrow what can be done today.
8. You have a respect for money and the value of a dollar and you not only live within your means, but you live without some of your wants.
9. You always put your family first.
10. You love the Lord and you live by his word.
11. You have kept the covenants you have made to me and to our Heavenly Father.
12. You teach the kids to respect me and to honor me as their mother.
13. You would be willing to work 10 jobs if you had to in order to keep me home with our children.
14. You always clean toilets, scrub floors, vacuum carpet, change diapers, wash cars, mow lawn, do dishes, dress kids, wash clothes....all domestic responsibilities that should fall on my shoulders...you do so without being asked and you do them daily. This is one of the most precious gifts you give me and our children daily because you do whatever is needed, when it is needed, without being asked, because you love us...and care for our needs. True service.
Lessons that I've heard you teach our children.
(There are so many, I could go on and on. Here are a few.)
"Where do you put your money? IN THE BANK!"
"You should never get something for nothing"
"By the sweat of thy brow"
"Ye are my friends if ye do what I say"
"These things are but a vapor"
Nothing like a simple BBQ request for Father's Day. And you even did the BBQing.
I know that I am his mom, but come on...is he the coolest baby ever, or what?